Whenever we think of housekeeping, images of janitors, maids, housekeepers come alive before the mind’s eye along with an experience which is either good or bad or in some cases extremely horrible not worth remembering. When experiences are good, there is nothing to talk about but the contention emerges, when bad or reprehensible experiences exist.
There are a few major factors, which people mostly overlook while availing housekeeping services in Sydney. Although in earlier days, there were few people who can be entrusted with the responsibility to take care of household works but with evolving time, people have created firms offering expert housekeeping services. You must note down first the names of firms having unfailing social standing.
- You must carry out an in-depth survey to know about them and the services they offer. Keep in mind that cost of service shouldn’t be the only yardstick to select a firm or individual. With low price you will get service but that may not be up to the mark so don’t settle upon price or cost.
- When you are having silver collection or glassware, plaques, Pergo, intricate lighting fixture you must appoint someone having zeal and agility for cleaning them applying proper method and cleaning agent. Keep in mind, not everyone is aware of the technique to keep things clean or what chemical agents should be used in cleaning. Just do not waste your time, energy and money on someone incompetent.
- If friends and family fail to offer you referral, then you must seek a housekeeper who is having web presence. On their website, you will be able to see list of services, which they offer in general. Therefore, you don’t have to enquire what the professional knows or what he is able to do. If the website contains reviews then those will help you to take the proper decision. You will get a notion of their forte, proficiency as well as shortcomings. You will also get to know if they carry any insurance.
- You must set an appointment with that cleaning individual. Ask questions like- how long has he been dispensing service? Has he undergone any training? Does he have considerable experience? Ask him if can offer any reference to his past work.
- You should prepare an agreement mentioning everything in detail. While availing service from reputed firm, make sure if they are sending the same person each time you are availing their housekeeping service. If the firm you are availing, lack consistency then you better change it without wasting time on futile conversation.
- You must not treat the housekeeping person lowly. As it is said, to get respect you must show respect. So you must show courtesy while talking to them even when you are in a mood of reprimanding them. Make them believe that you have full trust on them and do not forget to give them some extra when they are working on a holiday.
You must not mingle too much as few housekeepers do not like frequent intervention of their masters. It aggravates them extremely, you must understand that they are involved in manual labor and they have their own game plan so if you keep on interfering they may react impolitely. So it is better to leave them with their own game plan and interfere when it is actually needed.